Monday, September 29, 2014

Rockin' Around the Christmas Chair

Please ignore the title of this post. This post has nothing to do with Christmas. I was just explaining to La Petite that writing titles is the hardest part of blog posts, which is why most of my titles are quotes or song lyrics, and then I didn't have any song lyrics about chairs so I adapted.

And why was I counseling with La Petite about blog post titles? Because she's sitting next to me. And why is she sitting next to me at ten o'late in the evening? Because we're roommates!

Me, La Petite, and our other roommate the Seamstress. It's been a party and a half.

As you know, I'm a writer. La Petite and the Seamstress are a social worker and a financier, respectively. "A writer, a social worker, and a financier live together." It sounds like the beginning of a great joke. I haven't come up with a punch line yet and I'm running out of time, because it has transpired that La Petite is going to leave us and get married.

But in the meantime, she lives with us. So does her stuffed caterpillar named Alfie that is taller than her fiancĂ© and which lives in our living room.

The other day when I built that box fort, La Petite helped me knock it down with Christmas ornaments and stuffed animals. And then we turned the boxes into a tall tower (though not as tall as Alfie; we checked) and knocked that down with Christmas ornaments and stuffed animals.

(I forgot there would be Christmas ornaments in this post. It actually does have something to do with Christmas. Sorry for the false advertising in my attempt to correct my false advertising.)

Then we cut all the liquor boxes up and used colored folders and packing tape to turn them into a beautiful chair that matches Alfie almost exactly.

Alfie and the chair. Which would be an excellent band name btw. Also, there's a matching footrest.

We are going to throw a party and make people sit in the chair and also compliment it.

I don't even know how the Seamstress can stand us how cool we are.

3 comments:

  1. You need to just not ever leave and then you won't miss anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'd need a time-turner before I'd manage that. :(

    ReplyDelete

Questions, comments, concerns, complaints?