Friday, February 27, 2015

One for the History Books

Someday, I could tell my grandchildren this story:

"I remember where I was that day. I was in my first apartment, going about my business as usual. Everything seemed quiet. Normal. Fine. Just another day on the internet. Then suddenly, without warning, the chaos began.

"A user of the internet posted a picture of a dress and asked if it was white or blue. It was the shot heard round the world. Nothing would ever be the same again.
"Immediately, people began to choose sides. 'I fight for the white,' they said. 'I fight for the blue.' They bore their colors proudly, defending them against the naysayers and the hatemongers in the Facebook comments. They knew they were right, they knew their cause was just, and they were not afraid to stand up for it.

"White or blue? Blue or white? The war raged on; the casualties piled up. Families were ruined, friendships broken, relationships splintered into a thousand tiny little pieces. It was a dark and terrible day, children, one the world will never forget. It was the day of the dress."

Or I could, you know, tell them a story about something that actually matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions, comments, concerns, complaints?