Monday, July 8, 2013

Sweet Tooth

Today I was out buying a birthday present for Ginger Cousin. Whilst in the checkout line, my eye was drawn to the assortment of candy bars on sale near the register.

Some of the candy bars were on sale for sixty-nine cents. Sixty-nine cents. And those candy bars were all, "We're cheap! We're delicious! Buy us!"

And I was all, "You're cheap! You're delicious! I'll buy you!" I was in the midst of deciding which candy bar was lucky enough to come home with me when I interrupted myself.

ME: Are you kidding me?! Don't buy a candy bar!

ALSO ME: But they're on sale. Sixty-nine cents!

ME: You don't need a candy bar. You don't need the sugar.

ALSO ME: Chocolate. Delicious. Sixty-nine cents. And I deserve a treat once in a while. I haven't had a treat for, like, a whole twenty-four hours.

ME: You ate cake for breakfast.

ALSO ME: ...oh. Oh, yeah. Okay. I won't buy a candy bar. You're right, I definitely don't need the sugar.

I definitely did not need the sugar. Which is why I went straight home and ate some more cake, and why I'm drinking a Jarritos right now.

Well. At least it's zucchini cake. That has to count for something.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions, comments, concerns, complaints?