Monday, August 31, 2015

My Second Stitch Fix Experience

The V in Jessica V must stand for "Voldemort," because she's definitely a wizard.

In case you missed this post, Jessica V is my Stitch Fix stylist. When I signed up for my second Fix, I requested her to be my stylist again. I also decided to test her ability to find me clothing for a special event. So I scheduled my Fix right before a high school reunion and, in my stylist note, asked for a bright dress or fun top to wear to said reunion.

Then, of course, I did my part by pinning lots of dresses that I liked on my Pinterest board.

When my Fix arrived, I once again received a cheerful note.

Hi Awkward Mormon Girl! Thanks for requesting me for your next Fix, I am glad that you loved your last one! For your upcoming reunion I wanted to send some fun options. I love the Analia Tab Roll Blouse paired with the Francesca Pencil Skirt that you can easily dress up with a pair of heels and a statement necklace. The other two options are the Maeby Geo Print Dress which would go great with the Caroline Crystal Link Bracelet and a waist belt for a more fitted look. Or the Fran Scallop Edge Dress paired with a basic cardigan or fitted blazer. I hope you have a great time at your reunion! Xo Jessica V

I still don't get the Xo thing. Probably the only person that I consistently hug and kiss is Baby Brother. Jessica would have to find me some pretty spectacular clothes before I would be willing to hug and/or kiss her.

But the matter of Jessica's overly familiar sign-off diminished in the face of the fun of trying on clothes.

Here's what my box of clothes looked like from the side:



Immediately, I noticed how beautiful the colors were. Please note that I have pins like this:


And this: 


that specifically talk about colors I like. Well, Jessica V nailed it, color wise.



Everly Fran Scallop Edge Dress: As I pulled this dress out of the box, I literally said out loud, "Yes. Yes. Oh my goodness, yes." I loved this orchid color; I actually had my mom make me a dress in the same color once. I tried this dress on and saw that it was long enough for my garments. Good job, Jessica V! I had a few reservations about the fit of the dress on my figure and whether the style worked with the cardigans I already have. However, my mom came over to look at it and advised me to keep it. Getting a second opinion settled the matter. Verdict: Keep.


Market & Spruce Maeby Geo Print Dress: I probably would never have tried this dress on in a store. When I was in Italy, I romped around in a long flowered skirt and a t-shirt that said, "True Love" on it, which worked in Italy, but after I came home I felt like I couldn't wear the outfit around Hometown. This Geo Print dress gave me a similar sort of feeling, like it just wasn't everyday me. However, when I tried it on with my trusty brown belt, I found I really loved the look. Verdict: Keep.



Bay to Baubles Caroline Crystal Link Bracelet: The stones are very pretty, but honestly what I liked most about this bracelet was how good it looked with the Geo Print dress. Verdict: Keep.


41Hawthorn Analia Tab Roll Blouse: By the time I tried on this blouse and the pencil skirt, I was wondering if I might have a 5/5 Fix on my hands. At first look, I didn't like the blouse as much as the other items, but if I ended up buying the pencil skirt it would be cheaper to get all five items. I tried the blouse on to make sure my first look wasn't wrong. It wasn't. The blouse was made of a weird plasticky material, like a tarp. And it kept sliding off my shoulders, like I was Esmerelda. Verdict: Send back.


Margaret M Francesca Pencil Skirt: The tag on this skirt said it was "cobalt." I love cobalt blue with all my heart. It's one of the more perfect shades of blue. Upon further examination, though, the skirt did not have a zipper. I had to slide it on over my legs and let it sort of meld with my body. Well, this melding was not successful. The skirt was markedly too big for me. Verdict: Send back.

Overall thoughts about my second fix? I was rather impressed. I wore the Geo Print dress and the bracelet to the reunion and then to a wedding reception after. I got lots of compliments, and I felt really pretty.

If you're intrigued and want to try Stitch Fix for yourself, here's my referral link.

2 comments:

  1. I feel like I Stitch Fix vicariously through you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's how it starts. First you try it vicariously, and then... and then...you decide to try it in real life. And then you're hooked!

      Delete

Questions, comments, concerns, complaints?