Friday, April 28, 2017

More Mothering

The manager at Hometown's second-best Chinese restaurant has continued to take a vested interest in my well-being.

There are two dishes I commonly order at this restaurant. The most common dish that I order is the sweet and sour pork. It's delicious and inexpensive. The second most common dish that I order is the walnut shrimp. The walnut shrimp is actually my favorite, but it does cost significantly more than the pork.

A few weeks ago, I got dinner with Pepper. I ordered the walnut shrimp. Presently, the server brought out Pepper's chicken and pot stickers, but my shrimp? Nowhere in sight. It was taking significantly longer than usual.

While I was waiting, the manager brought out a small bowl of sweet and sour pork for me to eat.


I thought this gesture was sweet but also a little hilarious. I don't know why this man is so nice to me, though I am grateful for his kindness!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions, comments, concerns, complaints?