Thursday, April 26, 2018

New Roommate

Just as I was being wheeled down to surgery, my cell phone (which was plugged in at a bedside table) rang.

My mom hurriedly answered it. It was my landlord, wanting to talk to me about our new roommate.

"Hello? This is her mom; she's being taken down to surgery right now. She has to get her appendix out. No, she'll be coming home with us for a few days." I was literally being wheeled out the door. "I can't talk to you about this right now. I have to go."

I came home a few days later to find our new roommate, Sophie, all moved in.

It was kind of weird. In some ways, Sophie is similar to the Seamstress. In a lot of ways, she's not. The biggest difference is that Sophie is excited to have her own place. Pepper and I have become jaded and a little lax in our many years of apartment-habitation. Sophie, on the other hand, is eager to please. She's cheerful and pragmatic, and she cleans a lot.

We're still getting used to each other, but things are good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions, comments, concerns, complaints?