Monday, July 16, 2018

Meet Marco

Remember how I impulse-bought a car?!

Well, okay, back up. I told you about how I impulse-declared my intention to buy a new car. I didn't tell you what went down after that.

My dad got on board immediately. He texted me to ask what I was looking for in a new car.

I'd been thinking about this. I told him that I wanted another Honda. Five years old or less. $X,000 or less.

Dad hedged a bit. He was kind of all, "Honey, that's unrealistic." But he took it upon himself to search the world wide web, and he quickly found a beautiful, beautiful 2014 Honda Civic EX. It was a salvage title, so it fell perfectly within my price range, even though it was technically worth more.

Anyway, long story short, I decided to get a new car on a Monday. That Saturday, Dad and I drove through light snow and deep slush to test-drive the Honda Civic. I hated driving a car that didn't belong to me in the snow, but even I had to admit it handled like a dream. It had all-weather tires and a backup camera and a right-signal camera, things that made driving in the snow much less scary.

It quickly became clear that this new Honda was the one for me, so I bought it. Bought him!

Meet Marco!


He's named for Marco Ubaldo Diaz of Star vs. the Forces of Evil fame. Since Marco has a red hoodie and all!

I miss these things about Bernard:
  • Sunglasses holder
  • Low dashboard
  • Actual speedometer (Marco doesn't have a speedometer needle, just a digital MPH reading, so it's difficult for me to gauge speeding up and slowing down)
  • His personality
  • Not having to worry about ruining his paint job
I love these things about Marco:
  • Backup/right turn signal camera
  • Bluetooth speakers (I can play music from my phone and get directions broadcast, too)
  • Radio volume control built into the steering wheel
  • Sporty, nice look
  • Significantly fewer interior stains
  • Significantly fewer exterior scratches, dents, and dings
  • Temperature reading
  • Estimated miles per gallon reading
  • Takes less gas than Bernard but goes the same distance per tank
Both my Hondas had/have moon roofs. And the interfaces and warning lights are very similar since they are the same manufacturer! Marco did have a couple issues off the bat, and I worried that I'd made a bad decision. But I kept feeling like everything would be fine, and it has been. Overall, very satisfied with my choice. Although Marco can never replace Bernard, I'm super into him, and we're having a great time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions, comments, concerns, complaints?