Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Super Super Senioritis

Today I was reading through my school notebook. I found a birthday wish list, drafts of several blog posts, to-do lists, doodles, maybe-names for my future children, and a comparison of the clothes I wear to the clothes my mother wishes I would wear.

Oh, and, you know, some actual notes for my actual classes. But they made up a rather small percentage of the notebook's contents.

The truth of the matter? I can be a little attention deficit. Always have been. Probably always will be.

BUT. This semester I also happen to be a senior in college.

I have senioritis.

SUPER senioritis.

I can't pay attention to anything for, like, longer than four point six eight minutes.

I can't even focus on things I actually want to do, much less taking notes in class.

My professor is like, "Something something birthright citizenship--"

And my brain is all, Citizenship... citizen... country. My ideal country would have chocolate currency.

"--something and then the Irish maid poured a bowl of soup on the minister's head--"

I will never understand Twitter.

"--something something something and that is how Victoria and David Beckham are trying to take over America!"

You know what is delicious? Curry is delicious. I would very much like some curry right now.

...wait.

David Beckham?

What is he talking about-- never mind 'cause now I'm thinking about hobbits!


...yeah. I know, I know. Right now you're probably thinking, "Awkward Mormon Girl, this semester is doomed. You are doomed. You are more doomed than a doom buggy from the Haunted Mansion at the Crack of Doom on Doomsday."

Have a little faith in me, geez. Although I have no idea what's going on in any of my classes, somehow I got 125% on my last quiz.

See? I can make this work!!! I can do it!!! I can pay enough atten-- ooh, shiny.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions, comments, concerns, complaints?