Thursday, July 28, 2016

Pioneer Day 2016

With Pioneer Day aka the Twenty-Fourth of July falling on a Sunday this year, my brothers and I hit up the Hometown festivities the Friday before.

Little Brother went off to hang with his friends, while Baby Brother and I did all the things that we wanted to do.

This meant the carnival rides, but they wouldn't let me ride with Baby Brother because No Adults Allowed. Oh sure. Now somebody recognizes me as an adult. Baby Brother didn't want to ride without me, so we went in search of the climbing wall.

The climbing wall wasn't there. We went in search of the photo booth. The photo booth wasn't there, either.

In the end, we ate a little food and did the fish pond multiple times. I got a pen with a robotic boxing dog on it, which I gave to Baby Brother, and a fantastic rainbow-colored butterfly-print dodgeball, which I kept.

As we were leaving, Baby Brother made a keen observation.

"There really wasn't anything to do there if you're an adult," he said.

I felt proud of him for being so observant, but a little worried about his future. If he's disenchanted with adulthood now, I'm worried about how he'll react when he actually gets there.

Yet another reason why we shouldn't allow Baby Brother to grow up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions, comments, concerns, complaints?