Thursday, September 22, 2016

Panguitch

I texted Little Sister.


Panguitch is this highly insignificant town in southern Utah. Here's what I wrote in my journal about it when I was a teenager (spelling has been corrected as applicable; apparently at the time I thought Panguitch was spelled "Penguitch"...like a penguin):

...we reached a small town we've visited before called Panguitch. I estimated that the population was 12. Today Little Sister and I counted every person we saw except those in cars. Panguitch has a grand total of 27 residents from what we saw. Two were girls and one was a young boy. I named him Gavroche and Little Sister and I made up the details of his life. We decided Panguitch has just one school that is an elementary, junior high, high school, and college. Gavroche is the only member of the basketball team; also the team's coach, cheerleader, and mascot.

Why was such a small town trending on Twitter? Well, for some reason a tornado chose to pass through Panguitch. I don't even know how a tornado found its way to this state; we had one tornado here once when I was a kid and that's it. Probably today's tornado got lost on its way somewhere else.

They say no one was hurt, and I hope that's true. Little Sister and I would hate it if something bad were to happen to Gavroche.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions, comments, concerns, complaints?