Thursday, September 8, 2016

Mija Alexa

Maybe I should make a tag just for wrong number posts.

I haven't heard anything about Kathryn for a few weeks, but I have been called at least four times in the past week or so by a school attendance office telling me that my fourth-grade student, Alexa, was not in school during Period Zero.

Also, the messages are in Spanish.

Now, I could call the school and tell them that they have the wrong number, that I don't have any kids least of all a fourth-grade age daughter named Alexa who sluffs school. However, I am at work during normal school hours and therefore not on able to use the phone. Also, there seems to be a chance that whoever answers will be speaking Spanish, and I don't speak Spanish suficientamente to explain myself.

At the moment there doesn't seem to be anything I can do to correct the mix-up. So I guess I'll just have to wait and see what happens. (Plot twist: What if Kathryn is Alexa's mother? Dun dun dun!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions, comments, concerns, complaints?