Monday, October 31, 2016

Animanie, Totally Insaney

All right. So, for Halloween, I was Dot Warner of Animaniacs fame.


Little Brother and Baby Brother were Yakko and Wakko Warner, respectively. As you can probably tell from the picture above, our costumes were homemade from a variety of new and used clothing items and some craft materials.

Little Brother is often the force behind assembling group costumes, but this year, I coordinated everything. I bought most of the pieces. I made patterns for the ears. The little brothers helped me make said ears from felt and pipe cleaners. At one point, Baby Brother quoted a line from the show that seemed pertinent to our simple costumes: "Well, this is a fabulously cheap cartoon!"

I carefully bent the finished ears at the angles I deemed most correct to show off each Warner's personality. Please admire this picture of Baby Brother's Wakko hat (from the front), because I thought it turned out very well and I was especially proud of it.

We had to use a U of U baseball cap as the craft stores were all out of plain red ones. Thus the patches.

The final touch to our costumes was a spot of red face paint on the tips of each of our noses. VoilĂ !  We were Warners.


Sadly, I had to work today, so the rest of the family did fun things like carved pumpkins without me. 

Baby Brother's Over the Garden Wall jack-o-lantern
After work, I hurried to my parents' houses so that I could take pictures with my brothers before it got dark.

We took so many cute pictures. My brothers reenacteed part of the Animaniacs theme song (which I have on photo and video but which I have been told I must never put on social media). I had a hard time deciding which photo to put on Instagram. In fact, I had such a hard time that I ended up putting one on Instagram and another on Twitter, too.

After I'd taken Baby Brother trick-or-treating, and after we'd gone to visit our grandmother, I told Baby Brother that I'd almost tagged Rob Paulsen, Yakko's voice actor, in the Twitter photo.

AWKWARD MORMON GIRL: He's super nice. He replies to almost everything people tag him in. But I chickened out.

BABY BROTHER: I dare you to tag him!

It seemed like a harmless enough dare...so I retweeted the photo and tagged Rob Paulsen at the top.

Less than a minute later...Rob Paulsen retweeted my photo.

Rob Paulsen retweeted a photo of my face!!! It was an exciting moment, even better than the time Muppeteer Matt Vogel retweeted one of my posts! Because Rob Paulsen is a legend! He played voices in so many shows I liked as a kid (and some I still like as an adult). Rob Paulsen is the coolest!!! And he apparently liked our costumes enough to retweet a photo of them!!! Whoa.

But that's not all! As soon as Rob Paulsen retweeted the photo, other people started to like and retweet it, too. At the moment, it has 18 retweets and 76 likes. That's pretty impressive, considering that I'm a total nobody!

BABY BROTHER: Yay! Now we're famous.

All in all, not a bad Halloween.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions, comments, concerns, complaints?