Saturday, November 5, 2016

Goodbye Quits; Hello Bliss

The struggle of this blog has been not having a good computer.

I've loved my laptop, Quits, dearly. However, around the time I started writing this blog, Quits went on the fritz. Doing anything on Quits takes twice as long as it should...maybe longer.

Sometimes, after I publish a blog post, I notice an error in the text.

AWKWARD MORMON GIRL: Oh, shoot. Oh, darn. Guess I'd better fix that.

AWKWARD MORMON GIRL: (turns Quits on)

AWKWARD MORMON GIRL: (logs in)

AWKWARD MORMON GIRL: (eats dinner)

AWKWARD MORMON GIRL: (takes a shower)

AWKWARD MORMON GIRL: (writes in journal)

AWKWARD MORMON GIRL: (sees that Quits's applications are finally loaded)

AWKWARD MORMON GIRL: Oh, it's bedtime! Nvm.

And the error goes uncorrected.

I was excited about the Blogger app, until I realized that the Blogger app is insane. Anything I type in the app shows up in some weird font, and the images turn out all big and crazy. Personally, I was surprised that a Blogger app was released at all. I'm convinced that nobody actually works at Blogger anymore, because in the three and a half years that I've worked on this blog the site has barely been updated.

Essentially, maintaining this blog has been a struggle.

I've been planning to buy a new laptop for at least a year now, but I'm stingy and I just could never make myself part with the money. This week, though, with NaNoWriMo starting and all, I decided to take the plunge.

My new laptop is tiny and turquoise. Since Quits turned out to be a rather prophetic name, I decided to name this one Bliss. Here's hoping...

It's been great to have a new laptop. My only complaint is that this new model of laptop wants to save everything to OneDrive, and I do not want to save things to OneDrive. On Wednesday, I wrote two page of NaNoWriMo work. However, Bliss thought it would be fun to save that work to OneDrive. Little did she realize that my apartment wifi was not working and that none of my work was saving to OneDrive. And, because of the laptop's setting, it wasn't saving to Bliss, either. It wasn't saving at all. In short, I wrote hundreds of words that were lost in cyberspace as soon as I exited the document.

Other than that, things with Bliss have been pretty, shall we say, blissful. I'm hoping that having a functioning laptop will allow me to write more, better-written posts for this blog and to work on more personal projects as well. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions, comments, concerns, complaints?