Thursday, June 29, 2017

Blogger and Bliss

My laptop, Bliss, has lived up to her name reasonably well.

She hasn't had any unexpected battery issues. She doesn't take 20 minutes to load up, either. She is rather low on storage space, though, and also she came equipped with this disembodied voice called Cortana who's kind of like Siri except that every time I log onto Bliss, Cortana, like, offers to make me dinner reservations and stuff.

It's a nice gesture, but I've repeatedly told her that I don't need her to make me any reservations. Girlfriend just can't take a hint.

All those issues aside, Bliss and Blogger are apparently in a feud.

Since yesterday, Bliss has refused to load the part of my Blogger dashboard from which I write posts. At first I just thought that Blogger's engineers had finally given up. They seemed to have stopped updating the site long ago. They did come up with the Blogger app, but my iPhone keeps informing me that the Blogger app hasn't been updated in a while and will be incompatible with the next version of iOS. I don't know what, exactly, is keeping the site hobbling along like it is. However, I soon discovered that I could still post to the blog—just not, apparently, from Bliss.

Now, in some instances I have used technical issues as an excuse to not be diligent about posting. But in this instance, I am going to commit myself to getting the following blog posts out over the next two weeks (that is, between now and Saturday the 15th):

-Little Sister's Wedding (already underway)
-Escapé
-In Which I Sleep in the Back Seat of a Car

There will probably also be something about the Fourth of July in there, but I'm not going to commit that much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions, comments, concerns, complaints?