Monday, October 9, 2017

My Review of the All the Phase One Marvel Movies

After I decided that I was more into Marvel movies last year, my brothers also got into Marvel movies. When Baby Sister moved out, Little Brother moved into her old room (which was previously my old room), and Baby Brother got his own room. My parents let him decorate it, so now it's an Avengers-themed room.




His favorites are Captain America and Spider-man. Those are also my favorites. (Our mom's favorite is Falcon because she thinks Anthony Mackie is attractive.)

We also decided to watch all relevant Marvel movies in order before Infinity Wars comes out. We just barely started Phase Two, so I thought I'd give my thoughts about Phase One.

Iron Man: An all right intro to the franchise, but it didn't blow me away. The entire movie kind of dragged. Tony Stark is a fun character, but he's better with friends.

Iron Man 2: Black Widow is a welcome addition here. (Like I said, Tony Stark is better with friends.) The movie dragged a lot less than its predecessor. Justin Hammer might be my favorite Marvel villain.

Thor: Lots of fun moments. I don't find either Thor or Loki to be very compelling characters, though. Best part of the movie was Hawkeye's introduction IMO. Also, this one is much harder to follow if you're not familiar with the comics, advanced physics, or Norse mythology.

Captain America: The First Avenger: Utterly heartwarming, though the subtitle of the movie should more accurately be "Sneaking Patriotically into Buildings." As I said previously, the big issue is that it doesn't feel like an entire real movie. It's more like an appetizer for The Avengers, and although lots of fun characters are introduced, most of them don't get to do anything.

The Avengers: This movie is the superhero movie that made me care about superhero movies. Each hero has an actual personality and character traits. The movie does a nice job of handling the ensemble cast of heroes. Some cool shots, great dialogue, good scenes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions, comments, concerns, complaints?