Saturday, June 22, 2013

Three Months

Hey, everybody on the internet. Today is the third monthiversary of the first post of Awkward Mormon Girl.

When I started this blog, I was hesitant for a lot of reasons. I decided, however, that if I was gonna do it, I was gonna do it, and I committed myself to posting regularly for a trial period of one year.

Now the blog and I have been together for three months. At this point, some people would decide to make things permanent, but my blog and I are a little more cautious than that. We're not quite ready to take our relationship to the next level.

Whatever happens, I have really enjoyed the journey so far. I get to write weird stuff, and then people find that stuff online by Googling, "why are mormon girls so awkward" and "morman girl on bike" and "jokes about recycling." They even apparently find this blog by Googling "mormon love stories," though if you ask me they couldn't have turned up much that's more irrelevant to that search than this blog. (Okay, scratch that, now that I think about it there are actually a lot of things that are more irrelevant to that search than this blog. A LOT. A sign of the times?) And these people who want to know about Mormon love stories or find some good recycling jokes, they find this blog, and they click on it, and sometimes they click on it a lot. Sometimes they even comment.

It's really quite amazing to think that words that I write could find their way onto the computer of a random stranger. It's even weirder to think that me sharing my words with them could prompt them to share their words with me. Recognizing this weird phenomenon makes me feel like I can make a difference in the world. Through a ridiculous blog, for sure, but still. Ridiculousness has its impact on lifetimes just like everything else.

And then there are the people that I know in real life. I can't even tell you how many people have come to me and said, "I've read your blog." Many of them have said, "It's really funny." Some have even said, "It's really helped me."

With feedback like that, how could I not be pumped up for at least nine more months? Answer: I couldn't. By which I mean I couldn't not be pumped up. Which is just a long way of telling you that I am.

By the way. If any post on this blog has ever made you laugh, if any of it has ever made you think, if you smile when reading this blog or just feel entertained, feel free to share it with others. Post it on your Facebook page. Read it aloud to your family. Mention it casually to anyone you think might need a little... well, a little of whatever this blog is in their lives. I'll do my best to provide it for them.

Happy three months to this blog, and to me, and to you. Things have been great. For sure we're twenty-five percent through the trial period. For maybe we've just scratched the surface of something that could last for much, much longer.

2 comments:

  1. Hi! It's Megan... from school...? Anyway just wanted to let you know that I love your blog. Found it on facebook and I adore it. Thanks for letting me creep along!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm, Megan from school? I don't think I know any Megan from school... If, however, you're talking about my FRIEND Megan, who I just happened to meet at school but who I definitely know outside of it, then yeah. I know who you are. :) Glad you like the blog!!!

      Delete

Questions, comments, concerns, complaints?