Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Stealing a Car on a Snowy Evening

Whose car this is I think I know.
He’s shopping in the grocery though;
He will not see me leaving here
To drive his car out through the snow.

My parents dear must think it’s queer*
I have a new car every year.
Whenever I am home on break
Through questioning they persevere.

With plastered grins that look quite fake
They ask if there is some mistake.
I tell them I get cars quite cheap.
They say, “Well, that just takes the cake!”

I lead them through these lies like sheep.
They do not know my crimes run deep.
When they find out they’ll likely weep…
Next year I think I’ll steal a Jeep.

*The literal definition of this word being, according to Merriam-Webster, "questionable" or "suspicious."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions, comments, concerns, complaints?