Saturday, November 14, 2015

How to Use Peppermint Oil

Late last night, I had a headache.

THE SEAMSTRESS: Well, I just got some peppermint oil. You can use some if you want.

AWKWARD MORMON GIRL: How do I use it?

THE SEAMSTRESS: I'm not sure.

Pepper, who is more educated about folk remedies and alternative medicine and the like, was not at home.

AWKWARD MORMON GIRL: Do I just put it on my head?

THE SEAMSTRESS: I don't know.

AWKWARD MORMON GIRL: Here goes.

I poured some oil on my fingers. Then I drew a line across my forehead with it like my hand belonged to Rafiki and my forehead belonged to Baby Simba.

AWKWARD MORMON GIRL: NAAANTS EEN-VWEN-YAAAAAAA MA-BA-GEE-CHI-BA-VA!

Sometimes on this blog, I exaggerate reality slightly. But I'm not exaggerating this. I really did sing, "The Circle of Life," while rubbing peppermint oil on my head. And without commentary or further ado, the Seamstress and I bid each other good night and went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions, comments, concerns, complaints?