Monday, June 20, 2016

My Sixth Stitch Fix Experience

Between my fifth and sixth Stitch Fixes, Pepper decided to try Stitch Fix. Except not really because she decided to go through another box company that she felt would better suit her needs. When said box came, she followed my usual Stitch Fix tradition of reading aloud the note to me and the Seamstress and then showing off the clothes. Except, as she read the note, instead of referring to the company by its name she simply called it "Not Stitch Fix."

"Hi Pepper, thanks for trying Not Stitch Fix! We'd like to welcome you to Not Stitch Fix!" etc. etc. I found this to be hilarious, although I may be the only one.

Anyways, my sixth Fix of Stitch came, once again, not on a Thursday (it came on a Monday which ???). This time, in my note I had tasked Jessica V with the dubious honor of finding me cute clothes to wear in New York City.

Here's a photo of all she sent, bundled nicely on top of my Peter Pan puzzle:


Hi Awkward Mormon Girl! Your upcoming trip to NY sounds like a fun one, I took a look at the weather and it looks like it's going to be pretty warm but the possibility of rain so make sure you pack a light jacket!

A) I don't think I actually told you what days I would be in New York, you stalker you, but B) thanks for the tip, Mom.

I saw the denim skirt on your Pinterest and was excited you pinned that because I thought the KFTK shirt would be a great piece for your trip, this will look cute with the 41Hawthorn Blouse that has a similar fit to the pink blouse in your last Fix. Try out the Skies are Blue blouse with the pink pants from the last Fix. I had two great dresses to send you, they are both sleeveless but I think they will pair well with a cardigan or a denim jacket. I had no luck with the hunt for polka dot jeans, I will stay on the lookout! Have a great time in NY! Best, Jessica V



Kut From The Kloth Miley Button Front Denim Skirt: I was excited to see this skirt, because as Jessica V noted, it is very similar to one that I'd pinned. It was a little loose on me, coming to my hips instead of settling at the waist. But my sisters assured me it was flattering regardless, and I so wanted it in my possession. Verdict: Keep.


41Hawthorn Canda Split Neck Blouse: I liked this blouse well enough. It was very similar to the one I purchased in the last Fix, but I can always use more short-sleeved work shirts. Also, the pattern and color were very fun. Verdict: Keep.


Skies are Blue Highland Lattice Detail Blouse: I wouldn't normally go for something like this, but after trying it on I found that I really liked it! I didn't like the flamingo-colored blouse with the denim skirt, but I did like this one with it. And, as Jessica V recommended, this blouse went really well with the pink pants from last time. Verdict: Keep.


41Hawthorn Sugar Dot Print Dress: This dress had a spinny skirt and was excessively flattering. I was worried it would be too short, but it squeaked by at the minimum length I can and would feel comfortable wearing. Also, it looked very good with a red cardigan that I've never known what to do with. Verdict: Keep.


London Times Rilee Lace Dress: This delicate periwinkle confection tied with the denim skirt as my favorite item in the Fix. I wish I could show you a picture of me wearing it, because I think it looked oh so elegant. In any case, because the top was sheer, when trying it on I had to wear a white tank top t-shirt versus a cardigan. But I was pleased nonetheless. Verdict: Keep.

Yes, another five out of five Fix! With my buy-five discount, the prices on the items worked out to be satisfactory. I've already worn some of the clothes at work, and I'm excited to take them with me to the big city in a few weeks! Jessica V deserves a medal. Maybe an Olympic medal. If that could be contrived.

The Seamstress said that this Fix made her want to try Stitch Fix again. If it's having the same effect on you, go ahead and sign up with my referral link. It would be an exaggeration to say I'm having the time of my life with Stitch Fix, but it's been very exciting nonetheless!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions, comments, concerns, complaints?