Monday, January 30, 2017

In Which My Dreams Betray Me

I don't care much for public speaking.

Over the weekend, I was particularly stressed because I was scheduled to give a work presentation today. I also had to teach Sunday school classes, which is sort of like giving a presentation, and by the time I got home on Sunday evening, I just felt discouraged about my abilities to present things in general. The idea of standing up and talking to a crowd the next day made me want to weep.

I remained worried even in my sleep. I literally had a nightmare where I was teaching a Sunday school class, and all of my students (who, oddly enough, were people I went to high school with but haven't seen in years) started critiquing my teaching in the middle of class. They didn't like the way I was sitting, the way I was talking, or the way I was moving my head. And boy, they let me know it.

They didn't, however, seem to have a problem with the fact that I was literally teaching them from behind a piano. Eh, dream logic.

Piano aside, I was really surprised that I didn't wake up in a cold sweat. I was forced to sweat while I waited for my turn to present instead.

Good news, though. I think things went okay. At least, I didn't pass out or throw up, so that's a win.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions, comments, concerns, complaints?