Saturday, November 18, 2017

Teardrops On My Keyboard

Weekends are rough.

I go go go all week long. What I can do, I do. What I can't do, I save for the weekend.

By the time the weekend comes around, I'm too tired. I often can't do even half of what I've planned to do, even though it really needs to be done. I tell myself that I'll go to bed and make a fresh start in the morning. But what really happens is that I lie awake, paralyzed by all I haven't accomplished, perhaps mindlessly scrolling through my Facebook feed to keep my anxiety at bay.

It's not uncommon for me to accidentally stay up until two or three in the morning this way.

Last night, I was trying to cram in all that I could before going to bed. I sat down to work on my novel for NaNoWriMo, only to find that due to an error on my computer, the last 700 words that I'd written had not been saved.

I cried. I cried profusely, and when I reached up to wipe away my tears, the mascara smeared on my fingertips...which I only discovered after I started to make up those 700 words using my laptop's white keyboard.

Other than the egregious weekend crunch...things are going well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions, comments, concerns, complaints?