Saturday, March 22, 2014

The Fate of the Known Universe or Actually Just This Blog

We did it.

One full year of blogging later, we have successfully transitioned from the first post to this one.

First order of business, please note this picture of Avatar Aang fist-bumping that I drew whilst at Etch-a-Sketch's place of residence.
 


Even I'm impressed.

Second order of business, I am hungry. I am hungry most of the time because I am a college student and I have a ridiculous schedule that doesn't allow time for little things like eating and sleeping. Please wait while I get myself a plate of cake.

Okay. Back. The cake is delicious.

Third order of business, the past year in review.

I knew in March 2013 that the upcoming year would be full of interestingness, but I never imagined it would turn out quite the way it has.

In March 2013, I was a distinctly frazzled college student in her third-to-last semester of college. Now I'm an even more distinctly frazzled college student in her last semester of college.

In March 2013, almost everyone I knew was on a mission. Now all of those people have come home, while a few others that used to be home are gone.

In March 2013, some of my friends were married. Now even more of my friends are married. Mazel tov.

In March 2013, none of my friends had babies. Now some of them do. Mazel tov again.

In March 2013, I was awaiting answers to many of life's most pressing questions. Now I'm still waiting. (Okay, to be fair like three of them have been answered. But apparently the answer to the other two billion and five is "You must learn more patience before you get this answer." Let's be honest--this would be a good thing for me to learn. I'm bad at patience.)

In March 2013, I had a pretty definitive picture of how things were going to play out in my life. And I was wrong. At least, I was wrong about the process. Whether I was wrong about the destination remains to be seen.

In March 2013, I was unsure what the future of this blog would be. Now I've gone through a year of distinctly frazzling college and missionary homecomings and farewells and friends' marriages and friends' babies and unanswered questions and three answered questions and no patience and a surprising process of arriving at an as yet-unknown destination--all of which have shaped me.

All of which have contributed to my decision to keep the blog.

I'm not saying that this blog will last forever. It won't. But I still feel like there's a lot more to be done with it. I've been really pleased with how things have gone so far, but I think they can get even better.

So stay tuned for danger. And by danger I mean more blog posts. But possibly also danger. Because around here, you just never know.

Happy anniversary, internet.

4 comments:

Questions, comments, concerns, complaints?