Tuesday, March 10, 2015

In Which McDonald's Does Something Right

Context: Little Sister and I both had rehearsals at our local theatre one night. There's a McDonald's near the theatre. When I headed home after rehearsal, I texted Little Sister.

Awkward Mormon Girl: Happy day! Let us rejoice.

Little Sister: Happy day about what?

Awkward Mormon Girl: McDonald's brought back their chicken fingers.

Little Sister: WHAT let's go get some right now

Awkward Mormon Girl: Are you legitimately being serious?

Little Sister: well i'm about to leave the theater. But i AM hungry.

Little Sister: And does that mean the one by our house has them already?

Little Sister: Mom's here to get me...maybe we could drive over and check?

Awkward Mormon Girl: I was just at the theater. I stopped at McDonald's to grab a sandwich to bring to work and I saw the sign.

Awkward Mormon Girl: And then texted you immediately so that you wouldn't have to live without this knowledge any longer than necessary.

A few minutes later, my phone rang.

AWKWARD MORMON GIRL: Hello?

LITTLE SISTER: Do you want to come to our house right now and eat chicken fingers?

There was only one answer to that question.

(And in case you couldn't tell by the rest of this post, that answer was "yes.")

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions, comments, concerns, complaints?