Wednesday, August 19, 2015

The Runaway

What ho, you landlubbers! I doth have the pleasure of informing you that I have reached 250 blog posts.

You may ask, "How do you do it, Awkward Mormon Girl? How do you write two and a half hundred blog posts in less than two and a half years? How is it that you haven't run out of things to write about yet? Especially considering that this blog is mostly about your everyday life?"

To which I say, "Heaven only knows. One of these days I will run out of these to write about, and this blog will have to close down its doors. Metaphorically speaking, of course. There are no doors here."

In other news, I've run away. I'm in a Marriott hotel in a small city multiple hundreds of miles away from Hometown. Older Sister came here for a good reason, and I tagged along for no good reason except to clear my head, to write, to meditate, and to think.

I have very few actual plans of what to do while here. I think this is the first actual vacation I've ever been on.

So far, so good. Our dad in an elite member of the Marriott rewards thingamajig, so when we stayed in New York the staff at the hotel were simply falling all over themselves to please us. It looks like it will be much the same here. Generally, I have no need for people to fall over themselves in my presence, but every now and again, it makes for an interesting change.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions, comments, concerns, complaints?