Saturday, August 29, 2015

Midnight Thoughts

I have been to approximately 10,000,043 wedding receptions this month. And every wedding reception I've been to has been super cute.

Let me tell you a secret: your wedding reception isn't really for you, it's for your family and friends. But even though the reception is not for you, it is a showcase of your good taste and therefore it must be cute or some aesthetically pleasing variation thereof.

I'm not really into flowers, or vintage decorations, or outdoor receptions, or gray suits with small pinstripes, or dresses made entirely of lace. Those things have been considered the epitome of good taste over the last few years, which is problematic. I don't want a reception that people consider tacky, but I don't want it to be just like everybody else's, either. But I didn't catch the bouquet at Rosebud's reception last night, so I guess I don't have to worry about that for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions, comments, concerns, complaints?