Monday, August 24, 2015

RIP Tabitha

With a great deal of difficulty, I managed to keep Tabitha alive until the beginning of July. I tried everything to save her little pansy life. We had a few weeks of weather that was consistently 90 degrees Fahrenheit or so. To protect Tabitha, I brought her inside to live on the windowsill, but that arrangement didn’t work out so well. Tabitha was a terrible roommate. She never did any chores or helped me with dinner or anything. She just sat there like a lazy lump on a log and dropped leaves and petals everywhere and waited for me to water her.

Plus, even when she was living in an air-conditioned apartment, her health still declined. The flowers she produced were smaller and smaller with every batch, and her stems grew all brown and crispy and droopy. So I decided that if she was going to die one way or the other, it would be better for her to die out in nature, where she belonged.

She passed away around the Fourth of July. Every time I come home, I see this at the bottom of the stairs:


I miss her.

2 comments:

Questions, comments, concerns, complaints?