Friday, September 11, 2015

Awkward Conversations

I have a coworker who often says things that I don't know how to respond to. This morning, for example, we met in the hallway and discussed a few words about work business.

"Anything else I should know?" he asked me when the work business had been thoroughly discussed. This is a question he often asks me, and one I sometimes have a hard time coming up with an answer to. I am sometimes unsure if he wants me to tell him more about what I've been working on or to mention something fascinating that is going on in my own life.

So this time... "I'm wearing a purple dress!" I blurted out, for I was indeed wearing a new Stitch Fix dress.

"Yes, I can see that," he said.

"It's a really bright purple," I said.

He said something like, "Good choice," and started walking away.

"It's so bright, you should probably wear sunglasses to look at me!" I called after him.

He didn't acknowledge this helpful advice.

I'm fairly certain I don't actually know how to human.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions, comments, concerns, complaints?