Thursday, March 22, 2018

Five Years and Some Changes. Or Not.

On March 22nd, 2013, I wrote these words in my very first blog post:
Well, here I am. And here you are. And here's the blog.

Now what?
Now what indeed.
I'm here because a post on an LDS blog said something that really struck me. The post reminded me (in a loose paraphrase) that people are wondering about the LDS Church right now. They want to know what we're all about. If I'm not willing to tell people what I'm all about, then someone else will. And the things that someone else says about me and about my church--well, they might not be true or fair.

That's why I'm here. I'm here to represent.
And so it began.

For five years, I've striven to tell you "what I'm all about." I've told you of my friends, my family, my travels, my obsessions, what I believe and why I believe it. I've waxed philosophical, melancholy, and hyper. I've written some stuff that I'm really proud of and some stuff I don't really like.

I hope you've learned something. I know I have. It's been a good run.

When I began this post, I had every intention of announcing that I was going to cut back on blogging significantly. That is, decrease the blog's output by half—average one post a week instead of two. Start to phase things out. It seemed like time. And I'm so busy.

But.

I don't feel right about that. I don't think it is time.

I guess I'll give it another year.

After five, what's one more?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions, comments, concerns, complaints?