Monday, April 22, 2013

Monthiversary

Guess what I'm not doing right now?

If you guessed, "Not studying for your final tomorrow," you're right. If you guessed, "Not dancing with a penguin," or "Not having luncheon with a hobbit," you're technically also right, though those weren't the answers I was looking for.

What's that? You say that's not fair? Well, guess what else? I'm the one grading here, not you. So you have to accept whatever grade I give you, and there's nothing you can do about it. I refuse to give you so much as half a point more, not even if you need that half a point so you can keep your college scholarship and not fail at life and not cry.

...did I mention that I have a final tomorrow?

I promise I'm not being irresponsible by writing this blog post right now instead of studying. Here's my reasoning on that matter:

a) I've studied so much today, I understand the things I'm studying even less than I did when I started studying. That can't be good. So taking a little refresher before the last lap of studying can only help, not hurt.

a) part b) My studying sessions weren't doing much for me anyways, because I could only study for so long before I would start thinking about other things, like Older Sister's mission and good food and all the things I still need to do before finals week is over and everything I'm gonna do after.

Also, I thought about shiny things.

Clearly, if I'm not focusing on what I'm doing, then the studying isn't doing me much good, anyways. So, again, a break might be more beneficial than detrimental. Maybe I can get some of this stuff out of my system.

and, b) by not studying, I am accomplishing something crucial that I wouldn't otherwise be doing.

See, it's impossible to not procrastinate. If I am productive all the time and always do what I am supposed to, I'm only procrastinating my procrastination. Sometimes, I just have to be more responsible, and not procrastinate procrastination, which is very important to me and is a priority seriously undervalued by this nation and the world in general, even though it's a huge part of our daily lives.

Guess what else is a huge part of our daily lives?

Toast, probably. Also, in some instances, this blog.

See, today is actually the one-month-anniversary of Awkward Mormon Girl. Or, as I like to call it, our monthiversary. 'Cause an anniversary is all about years and blah blah blah etcetera technical English term you get it what was I saying anyways?

Oh yeah. Monthiversary. Well, I just wanted to say that I'm soooo happy I've had this blog in my life for a month! Seriously, it's changed my life. I don't know what I'd do without it. It's made me a better person, and it doesn't hurt that it's super attractive! Love you, sweetie! Bloggie! Hunny bear!

That's what my Facebook friends say about their monthiversaries. If you didn't throw up in your mouth a little, then I'm not doing it right.

Oh, and thanks for being here. I know you're here. Even though you never say anything, your views show up on my dash. And when they do, I like you just a little bit more than I did before. Which I guess isn't hard to do... because in all honesty... I'm not sure if I even liked you before at all. I mean, we probably don't know each other. And yet you're eagerly devouring my anonymous words and probably thinking how cool I am and how much you wish you really knew me. Which, now that I think about it, basically makes you a stalker.

...wow. This is awkward. Maybe it would be better for everyone if I finished studying now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions, comments, concerns, complaints?