Friday, September 30, 2016

Lip Sync Caroling

I had a lovely story ready to tell today, but alas, instead of writing it up I sat at the kitchen counter, reading a fantasy novel while eating pumpkin spice truffles.

I struggle with pacing these days. I live at the speed of light, with no time penciled in for relaxing or cleaning or eating or sleeping. My weekends are set aside for doing all the things I can't do during the week. Once it arrives, however, I find myself profoundly exhausted, and I crash and burn.

So I won't be telling you a story tonight. I will, however, tell you that Baby Sister and Little Brother showed up at my place tonight, wearing newsie-style caps. They knocked on my apartment door and, when I opened it, started to perform a lip sync and a well-choreographed dance to the Backyardigans theme.

"We're lip sync caroling," they explained after their performance. They then got back in their car and drove away in search of their next audience.

Sometimes my life astounds me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions, comments, concerns, complaints?