Thursday, September 29, 2016

My Seventh Stitch Fix Experience

Well folks, it's that time again.

What time, you ask?

The time where I demand that a stranger in California find clothes for me instead of finding them for myself like an actual adult!

Leading up to scheduling this Fix, I was ransacking the Internet for pictures of pretty clothes in pretty fall colors. Last year, Jessica V sent me three navy blue items for my fall Fix. I love navy blue...a lot...but I was hoping to get a wider variety of colors. Particularly red. It ain't autumn without some red. I pinned all sorts of gorgeous things to my Pinterest board to give Jessica V some guidance.

In my note, I said that I was looking for cute fall clothes. Dresses and shirts and skirts, maybe jewelry...probably not pants.

My Fix came on a Wednesday. Here's what Miss Jessica V said this time:

Hey Awkward Mormon Girl! Cute fall clothes are coming your way! I thought the Collective Concepts blouse was a cute piece similar to styles you have pinned so far. Plus this piece is going to mix well with previous pieces. Try this top with the Le Lis Skirt, I went with an XS in this skirt again since skirt sizes seem to fit you better in an XS.

Which has been consistently true in my Stitch Fix experience, but which is very odd because I don't think I've ever bought an extra small skirt when shopping for myself.

How fun is the Le Lis dress?! Great piece for upcoming fall events, such as a pumpkin patch outing with friends. Pair this dress with tall brown boots and maybe even throw on the Market & Spruce cardigan for a Zoey Deschanel inspired look-- I love her quirky but chic outfits. The Market & Spruce pullover is so cozy, I think this piece would be great with black ponte pants or even paired with the Le Lis skirt. I hope you had a great time in New York, and cheers to a cozy fall! Xo Jessica V

Back to the Xo. I have to say that I've missed it.


Collective Concepts Sayer Ruffle Detail Blouse: It's hard to see in this picture, but this blouse is a really pretty teal color. I immediately liked the style, and it was very flattering when I tried it on. And...


Le Lis Serena Belted Flare Skirt: This is a longer skirt of thicker material in a pretty burgundy color. I put it with the blouse as suggested, and voilĂ ! A super cute outfit in gorgeous fall colors. Verdict (for both): Keep.


Market & Spruce Chuckie Textured Stripe Pullover: How pale am I? Very, very pale. Does gray go with my coloring? No, no it does not, unless I wear the right makeup. This pullover is also a lot looser than I normally wear. However, it's super comfortable, and the looser sweater I bought last year from Stitch Fix is now one of my favorite sweaters, so it seemed worth the gamble. Verdict: Keep,


Le Lis Cambrie Knit Dress: I tried on the dress and, well, it was super elegant and well-fitting and pretty. I then tried it with the cardigan, as seen below. I was a little surprised at Jessica V's suggestion to wear it to a pumpkin patch, though. I could definitely see wearing a dress and a cardigan and boots to a pumpkin patch...just not this style of dress. Unless I was, like, doing engagement photos in said pumpkin patch. Verdict: Keep.



Market & Spruce Bri Knit Cardigan: I liked the look of this cardigan. It was a very pretty color, similar to the blouse's color but a little lighter. It did look super great with the dress. If I'd seen it sitting in a store alone, I might not have bought it, but as a companion piece to the dress and other items I already have, it seemed like a good investment. Verdict: Keep.

Once more, I had such a satisfactory Fix that I bought all five items.

Now, you've heard it before: if you decide to try Stitch Fix, please use this link. I will get referral credit. But (and here's the exciting part) Stitch Fix recently started a line for guys. So men, you could use my referral link if you wanted! You too could have a stylist of your very own. I don't know if  the guy stylists are other guys or what, but if not, and if you think that Jessica V's a stylin' person, maybe she could be your stylist, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions, comments, concerns, complaints?