Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Pre-Thanksgiving Post

We're in that awkward stage of the year that happens after Halloween but before Thanksgiving. Pre-Thanksgiving, if you will. Let me tell you what has happened during pre-Thanksgiving.

First off, we had our first snow. Coincidentally, this was also the day Christmas music came on the radio (or not so coincidentally. Maybe the radio station planned it. Who knows?). In any case, everyone was way more prepared for this first snow than they were for the first snow last year. A few hours before it started snowing, Baby Sister and I went grocery shopping. There were plows driving around Hometown, ready to tackle the snow the instant it appeared. Sure enough, when I woke up the next morning, there were several inches of snow on my car, but there was no snow on the roads. Hooray and hallelu!

Secondly, Thanksgiving plans have been in order. I texted my mom to find out what my share of the dinner would be.
Third and lastly, I've been working. Except I tell you what, since Monday everyone at work has been a little antsy. We've been so anxious for the holidays that we're generally useless.

Last night, when I was finally, finally on my way home and trying to turn left on a busy street, I saw one of my coworkers standing on the curb like he was contemplating jaywalking.

AWKWARD MORMON GIRL: If you try to cross this very busy street right now, I will hate you forever.

Sure enough, he ran across all four lanes of traffic as soon as the coast was clear. Now I hate him forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions, comments, concerns, complaints?