Thursday, December 15, 2016

Overheard During Movies

We were in Arizona for a family reunion when Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix came out in theaters. The older cousins and some of the parents therefore attended a showing for one of our family activities.

During the movie, some kids behind us made obnoxious comments. I don't remember said comments, but I do remember one of my cousins, who apparently was focused intently on the movie and didn't hear the kids at all, hissing, "Stop laughing, guys. This part isn't funny."

Similar kids sat behind us a few weeks ago during Moana (if you haven't seen Moana, you probably shouldn't finish this post).

At one point, Moana says that she knows someone who can help her make the ocean voyage.

KID #1: Who? Her boyfriend?

Then Moana's family learns that the grandmother is dying.

KID #1: Eh. She won't be missed.

KID #2: She will be missed. I'm crying!

And so on and so forth. We were practically rolling in the aisles (yes, even during parts of the movie that weren't funny).

Of course, I tend to talk during movies myself. But that's a story for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions, comments, concerns, complaints?