Saturday, December 31, 2016

2016 in Review

Everyone's all, "Wow, 2016 was the worst year ever!" However, that has not been my experience.

It hasn't been a perfect year by any means. My grandfather passed away, which was a hard trial for my family.

I'm not attached to many celebrities, so this year's celebrity deaths didn't affect me much. I was sad about Carrie Fisher, though.

OLDER SISTER: But now she can be with her mom!

AWKWARD MORMON GIRL: Actually, Debbie Reynolds is still alive.

OLDER SISTER: Really?!

AWKWARD MORMON GIRL: Yes!

I only knew that because of all the headlines that said things like, "Debbie Reynolds Speaks Out About Her Daughter's Death."

The next day, all the headlines said things like, "Debbie Reynolds Passes Away a Day After Her Daughter's Death."

AWKWARD MORMON GIRL: ...JK.

Anywho.

2015 was a rough one for me. Happily, a lot of the things that loomed over my head in 2015 have now been resolved.

Plus, I have a real full-time job now! Say whaaat? By that token, if last year was Little Nemo in Slumberland, then this year was How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying, except with less workplace romance.

So that was 2016. I am ringing in 2017 with some uncertainty on the table. What's in store for me next year? Don't know! Somewhat care. We'll see.

Happy New Year, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions, comments, concerns, complaints?