Tuesday, March 21, 2017

More Ado About Siblings

As a follow up to this post from last year, here's some more amazingness that my siblings are doing.

Baby Sister auditioned to be a performing missionary in Nauvoo. She was called back after her first audition, and we were so proud of her!

Suddenly, Baby Sister had an epiphany. The epiphany was, "I don't want to do this." The more she heard about what a performing mission entailed, the more perfect it sounded to her, but the more she felt like it wasn't right for her.

Out of nowhere, Baby Sister announced that she had no desire to be a performing missionary...but that she wanted to be a full-time missionary instead!!!

Baby Sister put in her mission papers and was quickly called to a mission in California! She leaves in just a few months.

Everyone else's feats pale in comparison, but for curiosity's sake, I'll tell you that Older Sister is still in NYC. She works for the National Dance Institute, raising money so that kids in lower income neighborhoods can learn to dance. She sees all the Broadway shows and has left the Big Apple on jaunts to Philly, D.C., and Canada.

I'll also tell you that Little Sister is still engaged. She and Mr. Little Sister are diligently preparing for married life. It seems that they're doing all they can beforehand to ensure that their marriage will be successful. Little Brother recently went on his first date, and Baby Brother—well, he is getting quite tall and grown up. It's a little difficult for me. In my mind Baby Brother is still a tow-headed toddler who would smack my bedroom door in the mornings to wake me and screech, "I want to play ball wit jou!" It's hard to reconcile that with this almost-grown not-so-child-y child who seems to know everything I know and then some. Except about Helen Keller. I found out last week he didn't know about Helen Keller. But as I made him watch a video about Helen Keller on Sunday, he now knows all about Helen Keller and therefore officially knows everything that I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions, comments, concerns, complaints?