Wednesday, May 29, 2013

People Skillz or Lack Thereof

Some days are like a dream. On those days I go out somewhere with lots of people and I work the crowd flawlessly. I always know where I'm going. I always know what I'm saying. My words and my presence are as highly in demand as season two of Legend of Korra.

Then there are days like yesterday.

PERSON: So what did you think of today's lesson?

AWKWARD MORMON GIRL: Uh...

PERSON TWO: So where are you from?

AWKWARD MORMON GIRL: Uh...

PERSON THREE: So what's your name?

AWKWARD MORMON GIRL: UH...

PERSON FOUR: We should do something sometime!

AWKWARD MORMON GIRL: Yeah, that would be really, uh, we could be, um, that should only... you know, I'm an English major, so you think I would be good with, uh, with--what are those things called again?

PERSON FOUR: ...

AWKWARD MORMON GIRL: Oh. Oh yeah. Words. They're called words.

PERSON FIVE: Did you do anything fun for your sister's birthday?

AWKWARD MORMON GIRL: We went to the cemetery.

...yeah. If anybody needs me, I'll just be in my room, making no noise and pretending I don't exist.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions, comments, concerns, complaints?