Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Wanted: Polka Dot Jeans

Yes, I know I wrote about striped shorts yesterday, and now I'm writing about polka dot jeans. Apparently, all I want to write about this week is pants.

Those of you who have read my Stitch Fix posts are familiar with my desire to own polka dot jeans. In fact, apparently everyone I know constantly thinks about this. Over the weekend, I was at a baby shower for my friend Jumpin'. Shutterbug was there with Baby Shutterbug (soon to be known as Baby Shutterbug #1, since Shutterbug is expecting another bug this summer). Baby Shutterbug #1 and I got along pretty well at this shower, except for when I tried to get her to take a picture with me. Then I suddenly became horrible and terrifying and someone to escape from.

Anyways, Shutterbug had brought for Jumpin's daughter, among other things, a pair of baby-sized polka dot jeans.

SHUTTERBUG: (to me) I thought of you when I bought those!

And then, today, while I was at a movie, Snacktime texted me.

I have been wanting to mention Snacktime at various points over the past three years, but it just never happened. Snacktime is a delightful person. She was roommates with La Petite and the Seamstress before I was, and when she became engaged she and La Petite persuaded me to take her place in the apartment.

Besides being a person who found me a place to live, Snacktime apparently has an ambition to become a person who also finds me polka dot jeans. In her text, she told me that she had found "two pair of some very cute" polka dot jeans at Hometown's Deseret Industries.

So I went to Deseret Industries. I found the polka dot jeans. One pair was much too big. The other was just the tiniest bit too small. I wriggled in these too-small jeans, trying to make them fit. I told myself that I could live with the slight squeeze in my calves. But, when they slid halfway off when I tried to sit down, I had to concede that they weren't going to work.

So, in spite of my friends' and Jessica V's efforts, I still don't have any polka dot jeans. But if everyone keeps up the hard work, surely one day all of my polka dot-jean-related dreams will come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions, comments, concerns, complaints?