Thursday, March 31, 2016

My Fifth Stitch Fix Experience

After my last Stitch Fix (which was a bit of a disappointment), Stitch Fix started emailing me constantly reminding me to schedule another Fix soon. Because Stitch Fix is super needy, apparently. #ohmygoodnessstitchfix #werenotevendating

Sometime in February, I scheduled my spring Fix for the middle of March. St. Patrick's Day, to be precise. I asked for brightly colored, short-sleeved tops for spring...and that's it.

As usual, the Fix was scheduled for a Thursday. And, as usual, it shipped out on a Monday. But not as usual, it didn't arrive on Wednesday. Was this finally the Fix that would come on a Thursday?! The answer is no...no, it was not. By Thursday night I was wondering what was taking my Fix so long. I checked out the shipping link and lo and behold, apparently my fix had spent the last seventy-two hours ping-ponging between three shipping centers in Phoenix. I have no idea why this happened, but, anyways, it arrived on Friday at last!

Hi Awkward Mormon Girl! Welcome back, glad to be styling you again!

Aw, Jessica V, I...wait, welcome back? I never even left! Geez. One bad Fix and you and Stitch Fix are acting like I want to break up with you or something!

I know we have been on the hunt for polka dot jeans and since those are yet to be seen I am sending the Pixley Polka Dot Skirt that I know you will adore.

You know that I will adore it? That's a pretty strong statement, Jessica V. We'll see.

I went down a size in this one since i think the S would be a little to roomy, pair this skirt with the Fun2Fun Blouse for a vibrant pop of color--try out this skirt paired with the Pixley Top for a fun unexpected pattern combination. Also sending along the KFKT Pant that will be great for spring as well, love the pants paired with the Daniel Rainn Blouse.

I still think that "pant" in the singular is pretentious.

Looking forward to your thoughts on this Fix, and have fun trying it all on!

Since my thoughts on the last Fix were very honest, I feel like saying "looking forward to your thoughts" could possibly be passive-aggressive. Is Jessica V mad at me?

Best, Jessica V

No Xo??? She must be mad at me!

The first look of Fix #5 was pretty great:


I mean, seriously. Look at those beautiful spring colors! 


Pixley June Polka Dot Skirt: Obviously, I had to start with the polka dot skirt that Jessica V was so sure I would "adore." I put it on, and my first thought was, "If this is an extra small, I'd hate to see a small!" If the extra small had been any bigger, it would have been too big for me. Anyways, Jessica V was right...I did adore this skirt. Cute pattern, super comfy, and even though there was a slit in the back, it fell in such a way that it hid my garments. Verdict: Keep.


Fun2Fun Walden V-Neck Blouse: It's hard to find a modest short-sleeved blouse. I loved this one! I've never seen a cut quite like this, and the color was gorgeous! Here it is with the skirt (from a strange and semi-awkward angle): 

 
Verdict: Keep. 



Pixley Lingley Crew Neck Top: I tried this with the skirt as Jessica V suggested. I did not care for the combo, but I did like the top itself. I liked the blue and orange combination especially. There was a small cutout in the back, but my mother offered to stitch it up for me. Verdict: Keep. 


Kut From The Kloth Siena Cropped Pant: It's been ever so long since I had pink pants. I really liked the color and the fit. Verdict: Keep. 


Daniel Rainn Anders Heart Print Split Neck Blouse: I could tell right away that I was really going to like this blouse. However, it took awhile for me to confirm this, because this blouse was the kind of blouse that has a little undershirt loosely connected on the inside. Since I have to wear an undershirt with sleeves with blouses like this regardless, I hate when they put the little undershirts inside because it makes it impossible to get the blouse and the undershirt aligned and then get the whole thing on my person. The moral of the story is, it took about fifteen minutes to get the blouse on and I was very frustrated. But not so frustrated that I refused to buy it. Because it looked really good with the pants (excuse me, pant). And also because if I bought it, I could then have the pleasure of cutting the undershirt out. Verdict: Keep.

That's right, folks! Fifth Stitch Fix...five out of five. Which meant I got a 25% discount. Which meant that, with my $25 in referral credit, the items were quite well-priced.

If you want to try Stitch Fix, too, you can use my referral link to sign up. It's very fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions, comments, concerns, complaints?