Thursday, March 10, 2016

The Pinkest of Eyes

I dropped by my parents' on my way home from work today. When I walked into the kitchen, Baby Brother immediately said, "Don't touch me."

I assumed he was joking, since Baby Brother's sense of humor ranges from acting like he doesn't know who I am to pretending that he isn't even in the house when he actually is. So I kissed him as I normally would.

"He has pink eye," our mother informed me as I drew back.

...oh.

Poor little guy. I felt sorry for him, because health-wise 2016 has not been a good for him. But then later my eyes were itching, and I started worrying more about myself.

ME: What if I have pink eye tomorrow? Do I call in sick or do I still go to work?

ALSO ME: I still go to work but I wear sunglasses so that nobody can tell that I have pink eye.

ME: ...

ALSO ME: Natalie did it in The Amazing Days of Abby Hayes.

ME: No, Natalie wore sunglasses so that people couldn't tell that she didn't have pink eye.

ALSO ME: Oh, that's right. She pretended that she had pink eye so that she couldn't go to Brianna's party.

ME: Because her parents wouldn't let her go because there were boys there. And she didn't want everyone to know that her parents were so uncool.

ALSO ME: Or...yeah. Something like that.

ME: Yeah.

ALSO ME: Possibly I've read too many books.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions, comments, concerns, complaints?