Wednesday, January 27, 2016

My Fourth Stitch Fix Experience

Okay, everybody. First off, this is my three hundredth and first post, so kudos to me for that.

Secondly, I got a Fix the week before Christmas, so I suppose I should tell you all about that thing. Get ready for badly lit photographs of clothing and my professionally baseless, unfounded opinions about them.

Last time I talked about Stitch Fix, I mentioned how my Fixes never ever come on Thursdays but I desperately want them to come on Thursdays. Well, this Fix actually came on a Thursday...probably because it was the week of that huge snowstorm. The storm undoubtedly slowed down the mail. So...yay storm?

For this Fix, I asked for something festive to wear to Christmas Eve lunch with my younger sisters. Here's what my cute little note said:

Hi Awkward Mormon Girl! I can't believe it's already December, this year has flown by! For a festive Christmas Eve outfit I thought you could wear the Amy Matto Swing Skirt paired with the Market & Spruce Sweater- I am assuming it might be chilly around then so wear this look with tights and a pair of boots. Still no luck on the polka dot jeans but I did have the Margaret M Pant with the polka dot print, these pants are great for work and can be dressed up for the holidays. Since you loved that cobalt blue color from the skirt in a past Fix I thought you would love the Collective Concepts blouse for a bold colored piece to wear with the Margaret M pants along with the Bay to Baubles Necklace- you can never have enough sparkle! I am looking forward to styling you in the New Year! Have a great holiday! -Jessica V

No Xo??? That's new.

My first reaction when looking at the stack of clothes was that none of it looked very festive. When I said "festive," I was thinking more along the lines of "red and gold and sparkly." Which means, therefore, that in the future when I'm looking for red and gold and sparkly, that's what I should specifically ask for. Lesson learned.


Amy Matto Bonnie Lace Detail Swing Skirt: The moment I pulled this skirt out of the box, I was like, "Hey, wait a minute!" The Seamstress got a Fix of her own back in November, and I was pretty sure that this exact same skirt was in her Fix. The Seamstress found this skirt to be a) not flattering, as the waistband was extremely tight and stretchy, as well as b) a little bit short for comfort as well as c) vastly overpriced for the quality. I concurred with her findings. I suspect this was a skirt that had been hanging out in Stitch Fix's inventory for a long time which they were desperate to get rid of, which made me feel like this Fix was less tailored to my taste and more impersonal. Verdict: Send back.


Market & Spruce Fierro Elbow Patch Crew Neck Sweater: This sweater did not go well with the skirt as suggested by Jessica V, mainly because of the way the skirt waistband settled. However, it had fun teal elbow patches, and I really liked the color, and it was super comfy. Plus, it was green, which is festive. Verdict: Keep.


Margaret M Emer Printed Knit Straight Leg Pant: First off, I still think saying "pant" instead of "pants" is pretentious. Secondly, I already have blue polka dot work pants. Thirdly, even if I didn't, I didn't like these enough to buy. Verdict: Send back.


Bay to Baubles Brinley Flower Gemstone Necklace: I really liked this necklace with the sweater. However, I knew I would never wear it with anything else. In the end, I decided I could find something just as good or better at Target. Verdict: Send back.


Collective Concepts Albert Button Down Blouse:: Pretty color, strange fit. I have a similar (red) blouse that I got at Ross for ten dollars, which made me less-than-eager to buy another, more pricey one. Verdict: Send back.

All in all, this Fix was a little disappointing. On the other hand, I got what I needed, which was something festive to wear on Christmas Eve. I wore some red jewelry with the green sweater, and it turned out to be a really fun look.

In other fun Stitch Fix news...over the weekend we had another storm around Hometown. On Saturday night, I had to cut short a fun evening with Viola so that I could make it home before the storm got too crazy. Getting home proved to be more difficult than I thought, and in the middle of making phone calls to family members I noticed an email from Stitch Fix that said, "$25 Credit is Yours!"

At first I didn't pay much attention to it, but when I opened it up later it said inside, "Haley's first Fix just shipped, so you've received $25 in credit!"

Then I realized that some delightful blog reader named Haley must have used my referral link to sign up for Stitch Fix! Thanks, Haley! When I get my springtime Fix in March, I'll think of you! As well as I can, anyways, since I don't think I actually know you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions, comments, concerns, complaints?