Wednesday, October 28, 2015

My Third Stitch Fix Experience

I scheduled my first two Fixes to arrive on Thursdays.

I wrote like three drafts of this post trying to explain to you why Thursday is the best day of the week for me to receive a box full of clothes to try on, but it was complicated to explain and I couldn't do it justice. To make a long story short, when I scheduled my first Fix I did a thorough internal analysis and a blood test plus a horoscope that led me to deduce that Thursdays would be the best days for my Fixes to arrive.

Because they let you schedule when your Fixes arrive. Which is pretty cool if you ask me.

So. The week of my first Fix, my email told me that Stitch Fix sent the package out on Monday. And I was like, "Excellent." Then on Wednesday afternoon, the package arrived.

Usually, packages arriving early are a good thing. But Wednesday is not a good day for me to receive packages for much the same reasons that Thursday is a good day for me to get packages.

At first, I was all, "Whatever. This is how it goes with packages. They never get here when you want them to." But then I noticed a special 2-day shipping sticker on the Fix box. And I was all, "Huh. How about that? It took exactly two days to arrive! What precise shipping! Surely, with shipping that precise, they really can control what day my Fixes arrive! I bet this time was just a test run to see how long the shipping to Hometown took. Surely when they see that my Fix arrived early, they'll sent the next one on a Tuesday so that it arrives on a Thursday!"

So I scheduled my second Fix to arrive on a Thursday. Again, it was sent on a Monday and again, it arrived on a Wednesday.

So I was all, "No worries! It looks like Stitch Fix sends their packages out a day early to be extra careful! So from now on, I'll schedule my Fixes to arrive on Fridays! So they come on Thursdays!"

So I scheduled my third Fix on Friday, expecting to receive an email on Tuesday saying that the Fix had shipped. But this time it was shipped on Wednesday and actually arrived on Friday as scheduled.

Okay, Stitch Fix. You get one point for getting the Fix here on the scheduled date but minus one point for foiling my plan! Which is zero points, Stitch Fix! Zero points for shipping!

So this is what my stylist said this time:

Hi Awkward Mormon Girl! I hope you had fun at your high school reunion and were able to rock one of your Stitch Fix Dresses! his Fix isn't as colorful as last time, but I still think you will love it! I did not have any polka dot jeans in this time around but I will definitely keep an eye out for next time, so I decided to instead send you a pair of the colored pants we just got in that everyone seems to love. Try the Liverpool Skinny Pant paired with the Ijoah Top for work or an event, it's a great dressy casual outfit. I also noticed some fun bangles on your pinterest so I knew you would love the Zad Arrow Bangle, just a great simple piece to stack with other bracelets like the Bay to Baubles Bracelet in your last Fix. For some warm autumn shirts i thought you would like the Staccato Sweater for a easy and fun layered piece. Xo Jessica

Maybe if I start signing my notes to her with Xo, Jessica will recognize me as one of her own kind and ship my Fixes on the day I want.

Also, what happened to the V in Jessica V??? Did the other Jessicas quit? Or maybe Jessica V. quit and they replaced her with another Jessica. But they didn't tell me because they hoped that I wouldn't notice.

I'm on to you, Stitch Fix. Super on. It's on.

Lest you be confused, allow me to explain that in this Fix I specifically requested some polka dot jeans and warm autumn shirts. I know of other people who have gotten polka dot jeans in their fixes, so I was pretty disappointed not to get some. I could use another pair of jeans.

Anyways, I opened up my Fix and saw lots of navy blue and a bit of olive green. I like navy blue. My American Girl Doll Molly came with a navy blue sweater outfit, so when I was a child every year I tried to find myself a navy blue sweater "like Molly's." Since then, I wear so much navy blue that my mother refuses to buy me navy blue clothes anymore. Conversely, I dislike olive green with a passion.


With those thoughts in mind, I began to try on the clothes.


Everly Lexa Dot Dress: I liked the pattern. However, I don't really like boxy dresses. Also, this was too short for me. Also, I'd bought two dresses in my last Fix and didn't need another at the present time. Verdict: Send back.


Zad Marigold Arrow Bangle: As Jessica mentioned, I had pinned several bracelets like this on my Pinterest board. This one was actually better than the ones I'd pinned. Verdict: Keep.


Liverpool Anita Skinny Pant: These pants fit perfectly! Since the shorts and skirt they've sent me before were too big, I think finding well-fitting pants is a small victory. And they did look great with the Ijoah top. However, over the summer I'd obtained forest green pants and did not need any more colored pants. Especially because, again, I'm not wild about olive green. Also, somebody please explain to me why these were called "pant" in the singular. Verdict: Send back.


Ijoah Nial Lace Overlay Top: I liked this immediately. I tried it with an undershirt, and it looked great, particularly with my forest green pants. Verdict: Keep.


Staccato Aleia Mixed Material Pullover Sweater: I could tell that my sisters would love this sweater, but it wasn't really my style. I usually don't like wearing baggy clothes. However, it was, as I'd requested, very warm. I decided I would branch out and buy it. Verdict: Keep.

Okay, everybody. I've tried Stitch Fix three times in rapid succession to see how I like it. Overall, I've really enjoyed it. I've decided that it's not sustainable to get a Fix once a month, because a) it gets to be expensive and b) I really don't need that many clothes. But I think it is something I will enjoy doing quarterly.

I will probably also continue to document my Fixes on this blog. Some people I know who can't seem to get into my normal sort of post have mentioned that they enjoy the Stitch Fix ones.

If you want to try Stitch Fix, try it! If you use my referral link, I'll get $25 in referral credit. Once you've signed up, you'll get your own referral link that you can use to get credit, too. Just get fifty of your closest friends and family members to sign up and then you'll have like a bajillion dollars in credit (actually $1,250, but same thing) and then you can get all the clothes you want!

2 comments:

  1. I notice you often keep jewelry. This is a link to a monthly box that is only $12 (plus shipping): https://flitwicks.cratejoy.com/ . Just in case you're interested. I think I'll try it out for a bit once I graduate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll keep that in mind. It's unusual that I've bought so much jewelry, for in truth I'm not much of a jewelry person.

      Delete

Questions, comments, concerns, complaints?