Thursday, July 9, 2015

Fixin' for a Stitchin'

I have decided to try Stitch Fix.

A description of Stitch Fix, as written by Stitch Fix: “Get your own personal stylist. Hand-selected women's fashion shipped free, straight to your door. Try on at home risk-free.”

A description of Stitch Fix, as written by me: “I tell Stitch Fix what size I am and what kind of clothes I like. Stitch Fix sends me clothes. I try on the clothes. I send back the clothes I don’t like. I don’t have to spend the entire day shopping and I get to try on clothes with clothes I already have and I get to be surprised. Fist-bumps all around.”

How did I reach the decision to try this personal stylist service? Well, Shutterbug started Stitch Fix recently. When she mentioned it on Facebook, I was intrigued. When I started investigating other people’s Stitch Fix experience, I was half-convinced. And when Shutterbug showed me pictures of the clothes she got, I was like, “Yup. This is legit. I’m gonna try it.”

So next week, my friends, I will receive a box of five items from Stitch Fix. I will try on all the items, and then I will tell you all about it. Possibly there will be pictures. And you can all have the fun of trying Stitch Fix vicariously through me.

”Gee, Awkward Mormon Girl,” you may be saying, “this is the second time you’ve written about clothes in the past two months. Is this blog going to become a fashion blog?”

Pffft. Heavens, no. This blog is about my experience as an awkward Mormon girl. What I wear is part of that experience, especially now that I’m endowed and have special garments that I wear under my clothes. I definitely dress differently from a lot of the other women my age, and I think I would be amiss not to occasionally talk about the challenges and blessings that accompany my clothes-shopping efforts.

However, there is only so much to be said about clothes. As of now, I’m planning to try Stitch Fix three times and write three correlating blog posts. After that, although I may continue with Stitch Fix, I have no plans to keep writing about it. Unless you people beg me to, or unless something unusual or exciting happens in relation to Stitch Fix.

Should you be interested in trying Stitch Fix yourself, you can sign up using my personal referral link. I get $25 in credit for every person who uses my link to try it out. Not too shabby, if I do say so myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions, comments, concerns, complaints?