Friday, October 23, 2015

My New Obsession

Several times over the past few years, my mom has said things to me like, "Do you keep a list of all the books you've read? You should. You should keep a list."

And I've always been like, "No, the effort of writing or typing out each individual book I've ever read seems really difficult."

BUT. Last night, I was looking at the Goodreads account that Viola convinced me to get seven years ago but that I've never actually used. And I realized that Goodreads has a super-handy reading tracker system that requires you to only click a picture of a book to put it on a "read" list.

And so I decided to do it. I'm embarking on a journey to record every single book that I've ever read on Goodreads.

At least, I'm going to try. Although I have a pretty great memory, I've been reading since the age of four. It's more than probable that I'll miss a few books here and there. Particularly the books I read when I was around seven and eight. We were given an hour or two of free reading time every morning in second grade. Childhood BF and I were in different classes, but we would frequently meet up in the library to check out books together. And we checked out a lot of books. A lot. The AR program tracked us as two of the most-read kids in the school. We would check out, read, and return multiple books each day. A lot of these books were from really long, really unremarkable children's series. I'll never be able to remember which of the books in said series I read and which ones I didn't. But I'm going to give it a good try, at least.

You guys. Today I added about half the books in my bookshelf on Goodreads plus all books I've read by those same authors. I've added the library books I've read recently plus all books I've read by those same authors. I've added a single shelf of books from my parents' house plus all books I've read by those same authors. And I'm at over 500 books!

I'm excited to see the final total. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions, comments, concerns, complaints?