Friday, March 31, 2017

My Eighth Stitch Fix Experience

I didn't do a Stitch Fix last quarter. I spent all my Stitch Fix money on Disneyland.

Did I regret it? No. Did I worry that Jessica V would think I'd abandon her? Yes, I did worry about that. The last time I waited a longer time than normal to schedule a Fix, she acted like I'd come back from the dead. Or she wrote like I'd come back from the dead, since technically I couldn't see what she did. I just read her note. Hmm. Now I'm wondering what Jessica V even looks like. I'm picturing...auburn hair? And hazel eyes. Or maybe she's Latina, and the "V" stands for "Valdez" or something. Yeah. That would be cool.

In the last six months, my life has freed up considerably, so I didn't even schedule my Stitch Fix on a Thursday this time! I scheduled it for a Friday, and it arrived as scheduled. Apparently Stitch Fix is only Thursday-impaired.

I mentioned that I need new jeans (because my favorite jeans now have several holes in them), that I could use some cute tops for various upcoming bridal and baby showers, and that I wanted a jean jacket (solely for the purpose of pinning my Over the Garden Wall pins to said jacket, but obviously I didn't tell Jessica V that).

Jessica V's response went thus:

Hey Awkward Mormon Girl! I have missed styling you, I hope that you are having a good year so far.

Jessica V, honey, if you're reading this, it's perfectly normal for a stranger you've never met to not contact you for six months. We both have our own lives. Okay? Okay.

I was excited to send you some jeans in this Fix since I have only sent you pants in the past. I choose the darker wash of the Liverpool jeans so that you could dress them up with a cute blouse when attending parties this spring. Try the jeans paired with the Papermoon blouse, this piece is similar to the top that you had posted. Add the Zad necklace from your first Fix to complete the look. I thought you would be a fun of the colors and print of the 41Hawthorn dress, it kind of reminds me of a top that I sent you. Perfect to throw on with flats and then layer with the KFTK jacket. If you need to exchange for different sizes please let me know, otherwise have fun trying these on! Cheers, Jessica V

"Cheers?" Jessica V done gone British, everyone.


Le Lis Sutherlin Contrast Print Knit Top: I liked this right away. It's pretty cute, no? Neutral, but cute. Although I'm in need of more short-sleeved tops that are neither blouses nor t-shirts, and although this shirt did not fill that need, I decided to take a chance on it. Verdict: Keep.


Liverpool Kay Skinny Jean: Kay Skinny "Jean"? "Pant"? Is there a requirement that you can't be a Stitch Fix brand unless you weirdly refer to things in the singular? "Skinny Jean" sounds like a person. I wish Stitch Fix had a field in the feedback form where you could critique the clothing names.

Name aside, these jeans were problematic from the start. They were so tight that it was a devil of a time to get them on. Once on, though, they were so comfy and so cute. I took them off and put them on several times before making any decisions. At one point, I noticed that the tag on the jeans bragged about how slimming the jeans were and how they make you look a size smaller than you are. I was taken aback because I don't feel like I need slimming jeans! If anything, I sometimes feel like I have the opposite problem. So that was weird, but in the end, my desire to not go to a store and try on a bunch of pairs of pants won the day. Verdict: Keep.


Kut From the Kloth Callie Denim Jacket: I tried this jacket on. I also pinned my Over the Garden Wall pins to it to see how they looked. (I wasn't lying when I said that was the only reason I wanted a jean jacket.) The jacket passed the pin test. Verdict: Keep.


Papermoon Abbott V-Neck Blouse: Jessica V was right; I did pin a blouse in a similar color to my Pinterest board. That blouse was a kelly green version of a pink blouse Jessica V found me last year. However, despite the similarities of this blouse to the pinned blouse, I struggled. The blouse in the Fix had a weird, silky texture. It was also strangely low-cut. In short, it seemed like a blouse unaware that it wasn't actually the top of an evening gown. I was having a hard time justifying its existence much less its existence in my wardrobe. Verdict: Send back.


41Hawthorn Renesme Geo Cube Jersey Faux Wrap Dress: I had five thoughts about this dress. 1) Jessica V knows me well; I love the color. 2) Jessica V was also right about sending me a similar top in the past. And a somewhat similar dress, too. 3) Wait, not only does this look kind of like that dress she sent me in the past, it's a knit dress like the one I got in my last Fix! 4) Hmm, and this wrap dress just isn't as flattering on me as it could be. 5) Also...is this dress named after the baby in Twilight?

Verdict: Send back. There were just too many strikes.

That was a few weeks ago. I'm loving my jeans and my new jacket! I'm still trying to figure out the best time to wear the blouse and what to wear it with. Apparently I should have tried it on more and with more things before buying it, because the neckline is not working super well with the stretchy t-shirts I usually wear under white shirts. But I'm sure I'll figure it out.

As always, if you want to try Stitch Fix, help a girl out and use my referral link. I'll get $25 in credit! Also, Stitch Fix is not just for ladies anymore...it's for guys, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions, comments, concerns, complaints?