Saturday, September 7, 2013

Braaaains

I have been tired all week.

My family decided a week ago that we would have family prayer together every morning and every night. I pray by myself daily aka have personal prayer. Personal prayer is a time to reflect on my own relationship with Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. Family prayer is about the relationship between Heavenly Father, Christ, and the family. Because there are a lot of people in my family and we're all busy, we haven't had family prayer regularly for a while. My parents proposed that if we made an effort to change that habit or rather lack thereof, we might have more harmony in our home.

Little Brother and Baby Brother share a room and are the last two kids to get up in the morning. I suggested we have prayer in their room when they wake up.

LITTLE BROTHER: I don't want to have family prayer in my room.

BABY BROTHER: But you can have it in my room!

Cue Baby Brother's personal laugh track. Not that he's not funny, because he is, but we also laugh twice as hard at everything he says because he's the youngest.

We chose 6:45 am as the ETP (Estimated Time of Prayer)for the mornings.

Unfortunately, that's not why I'm tired. I've slept through family prayer every morning but one. I hit the snooze button thinking I have time, and then I don't, and then my family prays without me. So I haven't gotten to partake of the spiritual upliftingness but I have gotten tons of sleep.

Still I'm rather exhausted. Every day I've felt like a zombie. Not a zombie hobo, though. Just a zombie.

I suppose my being tired may have something to do with the whole college thing. It's pretty intense. I fell asleep in class on Tuesday and of course it was my most important class that is taught by one of the head honchos at Nameless Utah College. I don't think he saw me, but it's still not a very good precedent.

Maybe I'll tape my eyelids open. That seems productive and not overly drastic, right? #funnyjoke #thethingsIsay #what #I'msotired

...it occurs to me that I should go to bed.

1 comment:

  1. I must appreciate your way to express your feelings through your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Questions, comments, concerns, complaints?