Monday, September 2, 2013

Close Encounters of the Sisterly Kind

Baby Sister and I had an argument. As a peace offering, I brought her a chocolate cake doughnut from my work meeting.

Now, this work meeting was fairly early in the morning, which meant that when I returned home Baby Sister was awake but still lying in the bunk bed she shares with Little Sister. Little Sister was seated on a chair in the corner, quite near Baby Sister but unable to see her because of the placement of their bookshelf.

I hadn't brought a doughnut for Little Sister, but I figured that as long as she didn't see me giving the doughnut to Baby Sister, she'd never know the difference.

AWKWARD MORMON GIRL: (discreetly slips the doughnut to Baby Sister) Here.

BABY SISTER: Uh... thanks?

LITTLE SISTER: What? What is it?

AWKWARD MORMON GIRL: (trying to use her eyes to convey the secrecy of the doughnut transfer) Nothing.

BABY SISTER: Thanks.

LITTLE SISTER: For what?

BABY SISTER: (not understanding the conveyance of the eyes) She gave me-

AWKWARD MORMON GIRL: -a mysterious golden orb.

LITTLE SISTER: ...a mysterious golden orb?

BABY SISTER: ...this doughnut is a mysterious gold orb?

LITTLE SISTER: You brought her a doughnut?!

AWKWARD MORMON GIRL: Baby Sister. She wasn't supposed to know.

BABY SISTER: Ohhhhh. Sorry.

LITTLE SISTER: Why didn't you bring me a doughnut too?

AWKWARD MORMON GIRL: (to self) I give up. (heads for hallway)

LITTLE SISTER: (from bedroom) I TRUSTED YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions, comments, concerns, complaints?