Thursday, October 31, 2013

Halloween

Dude. It's, like, Halloween and it's not snowing.

For Utah, this is a small miracle.

The candy is bought, the costumes are prepared, and Baby Brother and I have hung the pumpkin lights on the stairs. Well, tried to hang the pumpkin lights on the stairs. The job is substandard at best. One of us is to blame more than the other.

...why are you looking at me?

Fun fact: Most of my Halloween costumes have been homemade. My mom used to make them for me. As I've gotten older, I've made them myself. We Obnoxiouses are the super-creative type. We can make something out of nothing. Out of paper clips. Out of lint.

A few years ago, the younger siblings and I decided to be the core cast of Avatar: The Last Airbender: Aang, Katara, Sokka, Toph, and Zuko. But not Suki, because no matter what people say, I refuse to accept Suki as a main character. SHE'S IN APPROXIMATELY TEN EPISODES, GUYS. Come on.

There were two problems with this choice. One) Have you ever seen an Avatar costume on sale at the supermarket? Yeah. Didn't think so.

The sibs and I spent $30 at Deseret Industries. We bought six or seven used pieces of clothing, cut them up/ripped them apart, and pieced them back together to make our very own, super-awesome homemade Avatar: The Last Airbender costumes. They were legit, I tell you.

The real problem was problem Two) We are three girls and two guys, whereas the cast of Avatar has three guys and two girls. Someone had to cross-dress. Guess who?

For the record, I made a very attractive Sokka.

Speaking of which, I would like to announce that this year, I will not be cross-dressing for Halloween.

This is also a small miracle. Apart from Sokka, in the past ten Halloweens, I've also dressed as Frodo Baggins and Wembley Fraggle. This year I seriously thought about being Peter Pan. But since I'm actually a girl, I suppose I should dress as a girl once in a while, too. For the occasion, I'm even going to wear makeup.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions, comments, concerns, complaints?