Thursday, August 21, 2014

This Actually Happened

I wanted to show Baby Sister some stuff I had bought from Target, so I sought her out and found her in her and Little Sister's room.

Baby Sister was lying on the bottom bunk, staring up at the underside of the top bunk. Suddenly she flinched quite dramatically.

I asked, "What was that?"

Baby Sister said, "You're gonna think this is weird."

I doubted that. When something seems weird, I just compare it to Little Sister and it suddenly is as normal as doorknobs and other people's lives.

Baby Sister pointed to the underside of the top bun. "I was picturing a claw coming down from here. It reached down my throat and yanked out a ball of metal. Like in The Incredibles? Yeah. Like that."

That was weird.

I changed the subject by beckoning to Baby Sister. "Come downstairs with me."

Baby Sister's response? "HAHAHAHAHAHAHA-"

I stared at Baby Sister as she rolled around on her bed, in hysterics.

"-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA-"

Mom came in.

"-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA-"

Mom stood there for about thirty seconds, blinking in confusion.

"-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA-"

Mom left.

"-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. HA." Baby Sister proceeded to stand up and follow me downstairs as if nothing had happened.

"You know," she said a few minutes later, "I don't know why I was laughing like that."

That made two of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions, comments, concerns, complaints?