Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Something Exciting

Every now and again, one of my younger siblings says something to me like, "I was searching for your blog and Google suggested its name to me!" or "You can find your blog on Google if you type in this certain combination of words!"

And I'm like, "Cool. That's great." But, remembering that every time they turn up my blog, it's on a computer or an iPod that they've used to read my one hundred and sixty-something blog posts multiple times over more than eighteen months, I have been appropriately skeptical that the blog is really that easy to find. More likely their devices just remember the blog.

Well. This morning, I was thinking about this, and I wondered what would happen if I searched for my blog on a computer that I nor anybody else had used to look for, read, or write a post for my blog.

So before starting my tasks for the day, I took thirty seconds to type into my work computer, "awkward m."

"awkward mormon girl" was immediately suggested by Google--as the third option.

Hey, that's pretty good I thought, pleased that enough people had typed the words "awkward mormon girl" into Google that it was turning up so quickly.

But let's give credit where credit is due. The people who are typing "awkward mormon girl" into Google are people like you. Nay, they are you. So here's a pat on a back and a thank you from me.

Thanks, guys. Also, it would be cool if you kept it up... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions, comments, concerns, complaints?