Monday, August 29, 2016

And School Comes Along Just to End It

Well, summer's officially over, everyone.

And by officially, I mean unofficially, because in the manner of the calendar it's still summer. But summer vacation is over. On the first day of school, the temperature in Hometown dropped drastically. I swung by my parents' house after ten o'clock p.m., and the lights were out and everyone was asleep. No matter what the calendar says, to all intents and purposes, summer as we think of it is over.

Not that it makes that big of a difference to me. Now that I work all the time, summer has lost a lot of its meaning. Don't get me wrong—I have a super great job that has been a huge blessing to me. But this was only the second summer of my life that I had to work every weekday like a proper adult. I'm still getting used to it.

Conversely, though, I guess it would be just as accurate to say that I have summer vacation all year long as it would be to say that I have no summer vacation. Once work is over for the day, I can pretty much do what I want. No homework...no grades. Responsibilities, yes, but responsibilities that come with the money and the means to fulfill my semi-wildest dreams.

I don't know, guys. Adulthood is weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions, comments, concerns, complaints?